Friday, 11 September 2009

Web applications and fun stuff

Way back in 2007 when I started this blog as part of a Learning 23 Things exercise I had to have a look at cool stuff such as Flickr's the Color Pickr. Color Pickr of course let's you find public photos in Flickr that match a specific colour. I was therefore curious to see the BokehType experiment from The Man in Blue. the man in blue is (and I quote) "the alter ego of Cameron Adams, a Web Technologist in Sydney, Australia. (That means he does graphic design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, writing, server-side jiggery pokery, and anything else that takes his fancy that day.)"

Cameron has quite a few other experiments which are worth the look. Some are useful, some are fun, and some are both. For example check out his Mouseboard, widgEditor, Circtangles, and Technicolor.

It is also great to see that Cameron has embraced the whole open source approach. The widgEditor code for example is released under a GNU General Public License. Cameron, you're a living legend (and I was not paid to say that).

Thanks also to Chris for putting me onto BokehType.

No comments: