Friday, 21 November 2008

Mary and Max

Ok, so this has nothing specifically to do with with libraries and technology but indulge me. It does however have something to do with pen friends, so there is a literary link in there somewhere. The film makers have also put together a very cool web site, so there is an interest in the way they use online communication channels.

Congratulations to Melanie and Adam and all the crew on the news that Mary and Max has been chosen to open the Sundance Film Festival. Adam and Melanie are the gorgeous dynamic due that won that Oscar for Harvie Krumpet.

I haven't had time to check the facts, but I am pretty sure this is the first time an animated film, let alone an Australian film, has opened this prestigious film festival.

All I can say is I should have taken that afternoon off work a few months ago to visit the set. Oh well there is always next time.

No comments: