Tuesday, 2 September 2008

Google's Chrome

There has been so much that has already been written about Google versus Microsoft as the browser wars heat up again with the release of Chrome. As a result, I am not going to add my bit, other than to point out that the issue around Chrome's internet privacy offerings, and how these are being used to gain people's loyalty, is going to be fascinating to watch. Bibiliothekia uses Mozilla Firefox, so will I move to Chrome? Maybe, maybe not. Yes Chrome seems to offer many very good features, but I keep hearing Siva Vaidhyanathan words on the Googlisation of everything ringing in my ears. What is also interesting is the way Google has use a comic strip to launch Chrome. What does this say about the attention span of the typical Google user? Does this mean Nicholas Carr is right after all and Google is Making us Stupid.

No comments: