Sunday, 17 August 2008

Web trends for 2008 and beyond

You have to hand it to the guys at ReadWriteWeb, they always seem to have something very interesting and insightful to say. So when I stumbled across a Powerpoint presentation from Richard MacManus (Editor of ReadWriteWeb) on Slideshare titled What's Next On the Web, I sat up and took notice. I am not sure why I missed this in May but it is still relevant today. If you have not already seen this presentation check out:



Richard takes looks forward and considers a more intelligent, semantic, tagged, portable, social, and open Web, with more apps and even richer forms of data. For a librarian this should be akin to being a kid in a toy store. Think of the possibilities and opportunities! Mind you, I am sure there are also a few more risks. Maybe this could be another discussion topic on www.tangler.com/forum/library-20.

No comments: