Saturday, 26 July 2008

Thing #46: Part A, Learning 2.0 Updates

It is interesting looking back at the Learning 2.0 tools. Some of these I use frequently (I still use RSS feeds), others not at all. For example, Flickr is fine for photos but I would rather use Facebook. I continue to use Blogger for this blog, but when I have time I would like to check out WordPress, However, I don't seem to have a need for Rollyo, I use the Google customised search application instead. Looking back at these Learning 2.0 applications, while most have not changed too much, the way I use them sometimes has. For example, Del.icio.us has not changed very much, but I now use a lot more of its features e.g. tag descriptions and networking tags. LibraryThing however, has updated its interface and has made changes, for example the "recently tagged" section which brings back RSS feeds. Got to say, I love LibraryThing! Though it is not part of the original Learning 23 things, Facebook [Thing #55] is undergoing a massive revamp at the moment. The new Facebook is certainly different, but is better?... or is it that I have just got so used to the old interface?

Learning 2.1: Part A, Updates

3 comments:

Polyxena said...

Good point about Facebook, David. I was offered the new look a couple of times and asked to go back to the old. Now I am not being offered the new look. I really didn't give it a go and now am wondering whether I'll be able to!

Bibliothekia said...

According to the Facebook page that has been set up to preview the new interface, if you go to http://www.new.facebook.com you should be able to log into the new profile. Facebook seems to have this weird idea that their main selling point is the Wall feature. WRONG, WRONG,WRONG. If only I could turn off this stupid feature. I use Facebook more as a personal portal, and the new interface buries the embedded applications into the boxes section. In the old interface you could hid the wall. This appears impossible with the new interface and this is very annoying.

ATO Learning said...

Having interacted with a variety of Web 2.0 tools, it is interesting how a few have become firm favourites because they have direct application to both work - and play.