StopBadware.org defines "badware" as follows:
- If the application acts deceptively or irreversibly.
- If the application engages in potentially objectionable behavior without:
- First, prominently disclosing to the user that it will engage in such behaviour, in clear and non-technical language, and
- Then, obtaining the user's affirmative consent to that aspect of the application.
- Badware alerts & reports for software applications that violate the StopBadware.org Guidelines.
- Badware Website Clearinghouse for websites reported by StopBadware.org partners as potentially dangerous.
- Information about badware for tips on prevention and cleaning up infections on your computer.
- Information for webmasters for help in cleaning & securing your website and removing Google's warnings.
Symbol used by Stopbadware to identify "badware":
Symbol used for "badware" under investigation:
Caution symbol for software with bad, but disclosed, behaviour: